Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brittany's Update

Okay so now it’s my turn to write. While Heather has been busy being engaged and in love, I’ve been busy myself. This year, I’ve been working for Residence Halls Association. I have the best job on campus! Basically, I help freshmen plan really big parties. I supervise a council of Heritage residents in planning the programs for the area. We have put on dances, carnivals, and more. Right now, we’re planning the Mr. Heritage contest. The nine freshmen on my council are pretty much the coolest first-year students at BYU. Here is a pictu
re of us with our advisor, Kevin.

Besides work, I’ve been preparing for………..MEXICO!! After the first study abroad program I applied for (Guadalajara) got cancelled, I got accepted into the Merida program! I will be there from April 29th to June 16th. While there, I will live with a Mexican host family, take language classes, and do a little bit of traveling to see the Mayan sites. Merida is 25 minutes from the beach and only 4 hours away from Cancun. So, a trip to Cancun either before or after the program is in the works. Needless to say, I’m super excited and counting down the days.



As for Heather’s wedding, she asked me to be her Maid of Honor, so I’ve been busy planning her bachelorette party, bridal shower, and helping wherever I can. She’s got her dress, I’ve got my dress, and her wedding is going to be awesome!

Next Fall/Winter, I will be living in the Colony with Stephanie and Jackie. Heather will be living in _______________ with Roy…the place is still to be decided. Heather has promised to take a few moments out of her new married life to spend time with us lowly single people. Stay tuned to find out if that happens. J

As for more new things…I joined what my dad calls the “multiple decades club” a few weeks ago when I turned 20 years old. Yep. I’m old. Heather showed up at my work with some balloons for me. It was a very odd assortment of “over the hill,” “yep! I’m a boy,” pirate-themed, and some birthday balloons.



Heather mentioned our new roommates in one of her last posts, but I’ll tell you a little more about them. First there’s Marybeth:


Marybeth graduated from BYU-I and works as a Registered Nurse at a pediatric clinic. She’s from Utah and her dad was my cousin’s bishop in the MTC! She is super nice, super fun, and just all around super. She has an awesome laugh and sense of humor.

Next is Heather…we have two of those now!


Heather spent most of her growing-up years in Oregon but moved to Utah during high school. She and Marybeth have been friends for years. She is a senior at BYU in the School of Family Life program. She spent the six months before Winter semester doing an internship in China. She is hilariously outgoing, beautifully confident, and just an all-around awesome person.

So, things have been good with roommates and we’ve had a few awesome and much-needed girls’ nights. The most recent was last Monday. Jackie wasn’t there because she was hanging out with Brent (as usual) but the other five of us were.


Okay so backtracking a little…I’ll talk about the last part of Christmas break. I went to Heather’s and spent like the last 6 days of break with her in good ole’ Missouri. Surprisingly, I don’t have any pictures. But, I’ll give a quick run-down anyway. The first day, we went shopping on the way back from the airport. There’s this awesome mall in Chesterfield, MO. The next day, we got manicures and I met some of Heather’s friends. Other things we did include a New Year’s party with her friends, a few movies (including Harry Potter), more shopping, sardines in Walmart and just all-around fun! The first time we went to the mall, Heather bought some jeans and the cashier didn’t take off the security thing. You know, the kind that is filled with ink in case you try to take it off. So, we went back a few days later to get that taken off. Break quickly ended and here we are now. Back in school and eager for April when Heather gets married and I go to Mexico.

Well that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment