Monday, May 24, 2010

New stuff!

A brief update from Brittany...

Heather has been nagging me for a while about writing something on our blog. So here ya go, Heather. I wrote something. :)


I guess I'll give an update about what we've been doing this Spring. I've been working as a Heritage Halls Conference Assistant for BYU Housing. Just as the title states, I help with conferences such as EFY and Women's Conference. This includes (but is definitely not limited to) preparing the buildings, check-ins, roving, towel exchange, check-outs, and working at the front desk. This is Rochelle (a desk attendant) and I doing check-ins for Women's Conference:



The next picture is of my co-workers, all of the Heritage CA's. Our managers took us to Tucano's, a Brazilian restaurant during training last week. We're an attractive bunch, huh?!?



The job is a lot of work, but it's super fun, my co-workers are really cool, and the benefits are sweet! I get my own three-bedroom apartment and a meal plan for FREE! Plus an hourly wage. Because I work close to 40 hours each week, I'm not taking classes on campus. However, I am taking one independent study class, PDBio 120 (The Science of Biology). In regard to this class, motivation has definitely been an issue... Anyway, I miss having roommates, but I LOVE having my own place! I have four extra beds, so for a while, I had three mattresses stacked on my bed. I get the bathroom all to myself and cleaning the apartment is only necessary once every few weeks. And cleaning the entire place takes less than an hour. Having to share an apartment with five other girls again in the Fall will be bittersweet. I've accumulated enough stuff to fill almost the entire apartment. I converted the three bedrooms into a storage room, a getting ready room/office, and a sleeping room. When my old roommates/friends left after the winter semester, they gave me all of the stuff they didn't want to ship or store. It ended up being a LOT of stuff! I have a plethora of random items including a couch, 2 TV's, 2 DVD players, a Nintendo 64, a computer, and lots of food. So yeah...I'd rather not have to re-enter the real world of sharing an apartment and paying for my own food and rent!


As for my free time, I spend most of it at Heather's place and I almost feel like I'm an actual roommate. :) Last weekend, Heather was kind enough to make room for me and we both squeezed into her twin-sized bed on Friday and Saturday nights!


So now about Heather. She works at the Creamery and is currently taking classes, including a polynesian dance class! She has four roommates, all of whom are AWESOME! Becca and Kari were our roommates in the Fall/Winter. The other two, Avery and Alyssa, have lived in Heather's new apartment for the past year and they are so much fun! Avery is from Utah and is an Anatomy TA and Alyssa is from New Mexico and is our FHE mom. Also, our new ward is AWESOME! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Way different from our freshman ward.


So. Now a few of the fun things we've done lately. For Becca's birthday, we went to Brick Oven Pizza Restaurant:



The next picture is of Avery, Heather's roommate, and Chad, one of our FHE brothers. He served a mission in Carlsbad, California and is from Illinois.





The food was greasy but delicious!



Becca and Ben! Ben graduated from high school early and lived in Heritage last Winter, so that's when we met him and became friends. He is one Chad's roommates and therefore one of our FHE brothers!



One Saturday, Heather and I got 50-minute massages for $15 (thanks to coupons!) and then walked 17 blocks to get Mexican food. Another day, 10 of us went to Comedy Sports, a comedy club in Provo. (I had coupons to get everyone in for $5 each) It was really good! I will definitely be going back. Hopefully, pictures will be up soon. We had a barbecue for two FHE siblings' birthdays and went to another barbecue at Bippy's ward. (Bippy is Heather's brother). I went to the opening night of Iron man with some of the other CA's and then I went to it again two days later with Heather. One last fun happening: Heather is learning how to drive a stick-shift! Bippy is teaching her. We went to a parking lot yesterday and she did SO well. Way better than I did my first time. :)


So that's just a brief summary of our recent happenings. I've spent every weekend so far with Heather and her roommates and I'm so excited to move in there in the Fall!


~ Brittany :)

1 comment:

  1. i miss provo. and you guys. but mostly places like brick oven pizza and those delicious lemonades :)

    ReplyDelete